Do you think of lamb when you think of spring? So does executive chef Jared Bennett. He’s created a house-made lamb bacon recipe made with cured lamb bellies, perfect for upping your spring brunch game.
-1.5 to 2 lbs lamb bellies
– 1/4 cup diamond crystal kosher salt
– 2 tsp curing salt
– 3 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
– 2-3 bay leaves, crumbled
– 3 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
– 3 tbsp toasted fennel seed
– 2 tbsp toasted coriander seed
– 1 tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
Mix all ingredients, except for the lamb, together and mix well. Rub mixture onto the lamb bellies, making sure to spread evenly and cover all parts. Cure for 4-5 days. Rinse the cure off the bellies and pat dry. Cold smoke for two smoking cycles then roast for 200 degrees F until the internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F. Cool and cover in the fridge for about 3 weeks. Thinly slice and cook like bacon!