Try your hand at Executive Chef Vanessa Miller’s Shaved Brussel Sprout Salad this Thanksgiving.
Pro tip: Grab yourself a glass of Domaine Chandon Blanc de Noir to make prep time a little more enjoyable!
– Executive Chef Vanessa Miller
> Printable recipe for your personal cookbook
> Full 21c Chef Family Cookbook
Trying one of this recipe at-home? Share with us on social by using hashtags #AVery21cThanksgiving and #CookingWith21c
- 1 lb brussel sprouts
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemons for juicing
- 1/2 lb red grapes, halved
- 4 oz salt roasted almonds
- aged Parmesan cheese (or if you’re feeling adventurous, an aged Gouda)
- salt + pepper to taste
- Start by shaving down the brussel sprouts. To do this, you’ll want to cut them in half long ways, leaving the stem and nub on, but split in half. Place the flat side down on your cutting board and carefully use your knife to thinly slice until you get down to the stem. This should look like tiny shredded cabbage. This will be a little time consuming, but I promise, it’s the only part of this recipe that is.
- Combine your shredded sprouts, red grapes and nuts in a mixing bowl and mix until combined well.
- Slowly add olive oil and lemon juice to your desired acidity/brightness level. Season with salt and pepper. Hint: raw vegetables need a lot of salt to coax out their flavor, add more than you think you need, then taste, then add some more.
- Transfer salad to a serving bowl and crumble your cheese over top. Sprinkle with some whole parsley leaf if you’re feeling like a boss. Enjoy!