Crafted by our Lead Bartender Moira McGuire, A Matcha Moment is a refreshing and revitalizing bourbon cocktail featuring matcha and egg whites. This cocktail is sure to make you feel like you’re #winning – not only is it healthy and full of delicious bourbon, but Moira’s creation also recently took home the win from New Riff‘s New Year’s Cocktail Contest! Ready to give this cocktail a try? Find her recipe below!
- 1 oz New Riff Bourbon Barrel Wild Gin
- .5 oz New Riff Single Barrel Rye
- .5 oz Dolin Genepy
- .5 oz orgeat
- 1 oz passion fruit purée
- 3 drops orange bitters
- 2 drops house made vanilla bitters
- A few drops of jasmine essence
- 1/4 tsp matcha powder
- 1 egg white
- Add all ingredients except egg white to container for blending. We used a hand immersion blender however a milk frother, a whisk, or any mixing utensil will work. Blend this for a good minute or so to make sure the matcha powder is well dissolved and mixed.
- Add the egg white to this same container and blend again; however, you could transfer to shaking tins for a dry shake. Blend for another minute or so, playing special attention to creating frothy deliciousness.
- Now transfer your mix to your shaking tins if you haven’t already. Add your ice and give it a good 10-12 second shake.
- Strain into your glass of choice. We recommend using a fine mesh strainer in addition to a standard Hawthorn strainer for egg white cocktails to ensure a smooth consistency.
- For the heart designs on top – let the cocktail rest a moment to allow the foam to settle. Use a dropper with angostura bitters to carefully add dots. Using a toothpick or something similar, drag a line through the dots to create hearts or other designs.